I wanted to share some of my favourite beauty tips with you!
1. Drink lots of water; it hydrates the skin from the inside out
2. Line your waterline in a white pencil. It makes the whites of your eyes look bigger, which widens your eyes.
3. Don't wash your hair everyday (it strips hair of it's natural oils, making it dry at the ends and greasy at the roots). Instead, freshen up in between washes with a dry shampoo spray (try Batiste Dry Shampoo).
4. Apply a light shimmery eye shadow on the inner corners of your eyes to make them look bright and awake (try Annabelle Mono Shadow in Gleam).
5. Buff nails before applying polish to make your manicure last.
6. Try eye shadow combinations that are complimentary to your eye colour (green eyes pop in reddish browns or plums, blue eyes look amazing with bronzes and orangey-coppers, hazel eyes shine in purples and pinks and brown eyes look rich in gold and blue-greens.
7. Make sure you have a good light source behind the mirror you do your makeup at.
8. Find your skins undertone: if the veins on the inside of your wrist look bluish, you're cool-toned. If they look greenish, you're warm-toned. If the veins look like a mix of blue and green, you're neutral-toned.
9. Always moisturize, even if you have oily skin (if you don't, your skin will produce even more oil to compensate for the dryness).
10. Mix a golden loose pigment into your body lotion to give your skin a glow for a special event (try MAC Pigment in Vanilla)
11. Use a duo-fibre stippling brush to apply your foundation; the natural bristles at the base of the brush give it denseness and the synthetic fibres give your makeup an airbrushed finish (try Quo's Bronzing Powder Brush).
12. Afraid of colour? Try lining your upper and lower lashline with a bright eyeliner pencil.
13. Sheer out a heavy foundation with some of your facial moisturizer (mix them half and half in the palm of your hand and apply).
14. Avoid plucking your brows in a magnified mirror; chances are you'll overpluck.
15. Make your lip colour last for hours: apply, blot with a tissue and reapply.
16. Dust some loose powder under your eye before applying dark eye shadows. The powder will catch any fall out and make it easy to sweep away when you're done.
17. Use a cream eyeshadow under a similiarly coloured powder eyeshadow to intensify it.
18. Try using different eye shadow finishes in a look. If you have shimmer or frost in the lid, use a matte crease colour (and vice versa).
19. For a fresh look, apply a pink cream blush to the apples of your cheeks (try Revlon Cream Blush in Rosy Glow).
20. Wash your make-up brushes regularly with a mild baby shampoo to prevent build-up and bacteria.
Don't forget to click Follow! It means the world to me :)
Friday, February 19, 2010
Perfect for Everyday!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Apply primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) all over eye area. Cut crease with creamy green liner (Annabelle Smudgeliner in Limette). Pat a matte yellow (96 palette) e/s on lid using flat shader brush. Apply shimmery green e/s (Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow in Graffiti) in the crease overlapping a bit of the yellow in the lid and the liner. Apply dark shimmery green e/s (UD e/s in Protest), blending out into a cat-eye shape. Apply matte creamy white e/s (MAC e/s in Blanc Type) to brow bone and inner corner. Repeat colour sequence on the lower lashline (yellow to light green to dark green). Liner upper lashline with a black liquid liner (Loreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black). Apply mascara to upper and lower lashes (CG LashBlast Luxe in Black Cabernet).